Flaky, Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits
These Buttermilk Biscuits are so easy to make. It only takes a few minutes to make them. This recipe makes 4 medium biscuits. Double or triple the recipe as you need. We also have a recipe with sausage gravy. Check it out.
Here are a few tips to make your biscuits turn out perfectly:
Keep it Cold
Keeping the dough cool and the butter from melting should be your number one goal. The colder the dough and butter, the more tender and flaky the biscuits.
Put the buttermilk, rolling pin, stirring spoon and flour mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes.
The heat of your hands will melt the butter and make your biscuits tough. Minimize how much you handle the dough when mixing and kneading.
Don't knead or fold the dough too many times.
Add a Touch of Sweet
If you want a want a touch of sweetness, add a teaspoon of sugar and 1/4 tablespoon of dry vanilla coffee creamer to your flour mixture.
- Grate ½ stick frozen butter on the big holes of a box grater
- In a bowl, Combine grated frozen butter with 1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- Toss it together with a few stirs and place it in the freezer for 10 minutes
- After cooled, make a well in the center of the bowl and pour in ½ cup buttermilk and stir 15 times
- Flour your surface and rolling pin and place the dough on the surface, then sprinkle a little flour on the top
- Shape into a rectangle, fold in half and roll. Do this about 5 times. The dough should be about ½ inch thick
- Cut out biscuits with a floured mold cutter and place on a greased or parchment papered pan
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 450° F, brush the tops with melted butter then serve
This Week We Prepared Buttermilk Biscuits
We hope you enjoy preparing and eating the This Week We Prepared Buttermilk Biscuits. We usually post a new recipe on DuckinaPot.com every week. Please share this This Week We Prepared Buttermilk Biscuits recipe with your friends and come back often. The Ducks thank you for browsing our site.
Who are these Ducks you speak of?
DuckinaPot was started in 2016 when the three ducks working in a small office in Southern California decided that eating a fast food lunch or ordering out from the local restaurant was just too boring, bland, monotonous and expensive. We wanted something different. So one day we decided to prepare a hearty made from scratch lunch at the office. Soon after, we wanted to share our recipes with friends so we created DuckinaPot.com. We started off with simple panini sandwiches and easy tortilla wraps, then graduated to slow cooker meals. Soon after, we decided to step-it-up by developing and preparing recipes that we have never prepared, or sometimes have never eaten before.
Fast forward to today, we put together a unique and delicious meal every Wednesday. No more leaving the office for lousy hamburgers or soggy fast food sandwiches.
So now you can find the ducks in our conference room every Wednesday enjoying a delicious lunch with our visitors and friends. The Ducks invite you to join us by checking out all of our recipes and giving us your feedback. We always appreciate your ideas for improvement. If you have a favorite recipe that you make, don’t hesitate to send it to us. We will be sure to give it a go. If you decide to prepare one of the DuckinaPot recipes, please share your thoughts about it. Also, if you are ever in the area on a Wednesday, we invite you to drop by for a lunch we hope you will never forget.
Visit us at Duck In A Pot and give us your feedback